Saturday, January 1, 2011

Greetings music lovers!

I have started this little old blog to feature records that belonged to my father and that I heard often growing up.
My dad passed away last August and I wanted to share some of the music that he loved.
Dad kept most of his 45 rpm records in two cool old Platter Pak record cases similar to the ones pictured here. I'll probably post photos of the actual cases at some point. They are in storage at the moment.

I transferred most of these to digital format some years ago and am happy to share some of them with you all. There are better sounding versions of some of these out there for sure, but it's the unique sound of each copy of a record with it's own distinct crackles and pops that make it fun to listen to and enjoy for it's own individuality.
Anyway, on with the show.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, bro. What a cool tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice tribute indeed. I wish you all the best with your blog.

    ReplyDelete