Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Hang 'Em High" - Booker T. And The MG's

I will always think of my father when I hear a tune by Booker T. & The MG's. Dad would play the "Hip-Hug-Her" album often while we worked  around the house or had a backyard BBQ. The original Stax 45 of Green Onions is in one of his crates of 45s as well.
Hang 'Em High was their soul rendition of the theme from the 1968 Clint Eastwood western movie of the same name. I think dad picked up the single of it around the time we moved to Anaheim in the early 70s.
The driving high hat pattern and reverb-soaked guitar really make this one go.
If you dig soul music, then tune in tonight from 6-9 p.m. Pacific for my special Mixlr show featuring  soul sounds of the 60s & 70s.

1 comment:

  1. "Green Onions" is an awesome song, it was the first I heard by Booker T. & the MGs.

    ReplyDelete